Another blog award! The Fabulous Blog Ribbon! This great honor was given to me by Dannie Hill – check his blog on http://danniehill.wordpress.com – he has published a number of novels already! He makes me believe I can write as well and is so supportive!
For this award I am to tell 5 Fabulous moments, 5 things I love, 5 things I hate and then nominate 5 more Fabulous friends!
- The moment I realised I was in love with Kobus – I got up that Tuesday morning, tried to work, could not get my mind to focus on anything else other than that I wanted to be on the farm with him, paced up and down, and phoned him. Later that evening on the way in to town for supper, I could not contain myself any more, and blurted out: I love you!! I was planning to only tell him during a romantic moment after supper, but it literally poured out of me.
- Saying my own vows to my man on the most beautiful wedding day a woman could hope for.
- The birth of each of my two children – each time, as the sun rose on their birth days, I sang Cat Steven’s “Morning has Broken” (he now lives in London, where he goes by the name Yusef Islam, a change he made after converting to the Islamic faith) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWd3skb-Rw.
- Gaining two more beautiful children – Kobus Jnr and Sakkie- better “bonus” children, not step-children (such a bad connotation sometimes), I could not have wished for.
- In the greater scheme of things it may seem insignificant, but it was a fabulous moment when my blog reader number got to 200, the 500, then 1000, and still it is climbing. We have had some awesome writers in our family, including my beloved mom, who could make up a rhyme for me in two ticks – not just two lines. My daughter is an accomplished writer and busy putting her portfolio together, my son astounds me when he is so grown-up and eloquent in his letters to his landlord when he has problems with leaks etc. But I never thought much about writing, and this has been some journey. To all my readers a HUGE thank you.
Things I love:
- All the above
- My family
- My dogs and cats and wild animals, o actually any animal!!! See my favourite animal and go “ooo” and “aaa” with me…- what’s not to love about this!!
- My fantastic friends
- Clearly writing??
Things I hate:
- Unfair treatment
- People who think they are holier or mightier than others
- To see people suffer or animals suffer at the hands of moronical people
- Littering – we need to preserve our world for future generations
I will spend quality time on researching 5 bloggers whom I think should be mentioned here, and do a separate blog on them and their stories – there are so many to choose from, and I would like to do this part justice.
Let the sunshine in and have a wonderful day!
Suletta, I am so proud of you! Well done my friend xxx
Audette, who would have ever thought!!! I LOVE writing – a mystery unfolding at such a ripe age. Thanks!
It’s never too late to write, Suletta. I grew up in daydreams that got me into trouble at school and then one day they turned to words and continue to pour out– good or bad. I really enjoy your blog and oh, my, what a beautiful family! Kobus is a lucky man and I can see he knows it.