I LOVE TREES – DON’T YOU?? I THINK THEY ARE MAJESTIC SHOWPIECES OF CREATION. SO HERE GOES:
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by people like me,
But only God can make a tree.
By Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)
- Tei Tituaabine (solsticetree.wordpress.com)
- “Weekly Photo Challenge: (Growth)” (thewrenden.wordpress.com)
- Neighbors Regret Losing Old Trees for New Sidewalk (fox4kc.com)
- Live Like a Tree (myawakeninglife.com)
- When Is A Tree Not A Tree? (kenneturner.com)
- September 2012 Letter – Dear Tree (mylifeasanadventure.com)
- climbing the tree (zendictive.wordpress.com)
- Tree House (jazzcatjay.wordpress.com)
- Yoko Ono’s Wish Trees, London (littlelondonobservationist.wordpress.com)